Infants, Toddlers, Children and Adolescents
I use a family centered approach with my child work. Parents are the key to help their children of any age succeed. Parents are included in all stages of treatment. My work is created on a combination of connection and action. I need to create a positive and strong alliance so the child/teen can feel safe enough to share feelings, thoughts and take the steps of healing and change.
Therapy and Coaching
- Conjoint Child and Parent Therapy (Theraplay and Play Therapy)
- Trauma Focused Therapy for children and teens to address Complex Trauma (including EMDR and Progessive Counting)
- Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy (Play Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral, Goal-building an Alliance, Gaining Self-Regulation and Creating Competence)
Assessment and Consultation
- Attachment and Family Assessments using evidence based tools to assess a parent, child and/or family's strength and challenges. Assessments include direct observation and paper and pencil inventories.
- Emotional and Diagnostic Assessments of individual children, adolescents and youth to determine strengths and challenges.
- Consultation with teachers to help children and teens struggling with complex trauma and attachment challenges succeed in school.
Note: I do not do Psychological or Neuropsychological evaluation for ADHD, Autism, or Learning Disabilities.