Families with Children, Teens & Youths
For Complex Trauma, I use an Attachment Focused, Family Centered treatment approach with children, youth, and families struggling with attachment and other disorders related to complex developmental trauma. My work focuses on building positive and healthy attachments, healing trauma, accepting grief and loss, and helping families, children and youth bloom where they are planted.
For challenging behaviors, (e.g. Rages, Defiance, Lying, Stealing), I use a Family Centered Coaching approach to help families deal with challenging behaviors. My work is centered on parent training combined with family therapy. The goal is to help all family members become effective at giving consequences while keeping connections and modifying the home environment to increase the odds of success.
Therapy and Coaching
- Attachment Focused Therapy and Coaching (Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy)
- Family Counseling (Emotionally Focused, Attachment Focused, Systemic, Solution Focused)
- Parenting Training on how to manage challenging behaviors
- Pre-placement and Welcome Home coaching to enhance attachments
- Building successful parenting teams
Assessment and Consultation
- Attachment and Family Assessments using evidence based tools to assess a parent, child and/or family's strength and challenges. Assessments include direct observation and paper and pencil inventories.
- Consultation with teachers to help children and teens struggling with complex trauma and attachment challenges succeed in school.
Note: I do not do Psychological or Neuropsychological evaluation for ADHD, Autism, or Learning Disabilities.