My couple therapy is Attachment Based and Emotionally Focused. It is targeted to build a foundation of a deep,
love-based and secure connection between partners. The emphasis is to help couples shape their relationship into
a partnership that nourishes and strengthens each person.
My therapy is designed to help couples who are facing the trials and tests of time, loss and changes as a team and are overwhelmed by the re-emergence of past challenges from...
- growing up with parents/caregivers who were absent, neglectful, or abusive
- growing up with broken, twisted, or insecure connections to key parent figures
- growing as a member adopted or raised by kin or in foster care
- growing up in families without stability
- growing up in a childhood marked by the presence of mental or physical illness,
severe developmental or behavioral challenges, addiction, or deaths in key family members or within ourselves
- To create a loving and positive attachment dance that is respectful to both partners' emotional and life needs.
- To foster the creation of a secure bond between partners by focusing on key emotional responses and patterns.
- To initiate and continue positive and loving cycles of interaction between partners.
To identify and explore family attachment patterns, strengths and challenges from each partner's family of origin, past partners and current co-parenting teams.
To identify aspects of each partner's personality that may be impacting their compatibility.